The Delforge Place - Upper Deck
The Delforge Place has been welcoming guests since 1985. And still, each day brings a new adventure, thanks to you -- our guests -- who've come from every corner of the world and represent so many unique personalities. Your suite inside The Delforge Place will be one of several inside an historic Victorian-style home, built as a one-room Sunday House in 1898 by German pioneer Ferdinand Koeppen. Originally situated on a tract of land near Barons Creek known as the "Company Garden," which was set aside as a communal garden by the German Emigration Company, it was moved to its present site and restored in 1975. Today, the home retains its unique character, with original wood floors, 12-foot ceilings, beaded board, and chandeliers. Especially striking are the windows and doors of beveled, stained, and etched glass -- all original and in excellent condition. There is privacy in this guesthouse and you are welcome to come and go as you please. Accommodations furnished with American and European pieces, The Delforge Place is accented with antiques and family heirlooms. Special features include a Belgian Dovre wood-burning stove and French doors leading to a shaded rock patio with seating and a Therapeutic Hot Tub. Guest rooms or suites offer a number of amenities, and are themed according to different historical periods. The Upper Deck is themed on the subject of European Emigration to Texas.
- Upstairs with a private outside entrance
- Deck overlooking the patio at the rear of the house
- King-size bed
- Small kitchenette with microwave and sink
- Seafaring appointments
- Full private bath with shower
- NOTE: Shower NOT suitable for tall guests
- Information centers with brochures on things to do, places to go, and sites to see in and around Fredericksburg.
- "Coffee corner" includes a coffee maker plus supplies for guests to enjoy a cup of The Delforge Place's special Coffee Blend, or hot chocolate, hot apple cider, or tea.
- Cable TV
- Complimentary full breakfast on Weekends Only
- Therapeutic hot tub is shared with all guests.
Rates & Restrictions
- Rates starting at $125.00 per night for 1 or 2 guests
- NO Breakfast Provided on Weekdays Sunday - Thursday
- 2 nights required on all Event & Holiday weekends
- No Children
- No Pets
- No Smoking
- Max Occupancy - 2
Whole House Rate
High Season - Fri-Sat $698.00/Sun-Thur $625.00
Mid / Low Season - Fri-Sat $662.00/Sun-Thur $590.00
Maximum Occupancy: 9